Saturday, May 30, 2009

Matte on Glossy Konad and Reminder about OC Nail Art's Konad Contest!



When I was swatching some of the new neons from Zoya and Essie a few weeks ago, I decided to do a little Konad experiment.

Before I removed my polish, I slapped on a quick Konad design using KO Black. KO Black, in case you're not familiar with it, is a matte black polish, perhaps even the mattest black there is.

While I am not crazy about my color choice, I do love how it turned out. Does anyone remember those velvet color by numbers type posters? All of the outlines of the image are done in black velvet, and you have to color in the spaces in between to make the picture? I have a Sailor Moon one somewhere that I made years ago. This looks exactly like that. The outline is done in black velvet.

The only downside to it is that it didn't last very long. Since I had applied a coat of Seche Vite to make the neon glossy, the KO Black had nothing to stick to and started chipping off within minutes. You can even see in the picture where parts of it had fallen off. When I took a shower later that day, almost all of the KO Black washed off! Weird.

Sealing it with a top coat would defeat the purpose of the matte on glossy look. I'll probably give this another try soon, maybe I'll use basecoat as topcoat to see if it helps the matte design stay on.

And speaking of Konad, don't forget about OC Nail Art's Konad Contest! It ends TOMORROW!

Here's my original post with all the rules, but I'll summarize.

Create a design using any of the items in the B Kit (also known as the Luxury Kit) which contains: m4, m8, m15, and m21 plates and red, white and green special polish.

Submit your pictures or videos to Kathleen (contest@ocnailart.com), along with the name of the blog that referred you and permission for Kathleen to use your images.

The winner AND the blogger who referred them will receive the humongous Professional Salon Case, the one that costs $437 and contains just about every Konad product ever.

Please visit the original post for full rules and details. Again, it ends Sunday, May 31st at midnight, so get your entries in!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...