Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Revlon Fantasy Lengths Minx Lashes

The first Revlon lashes I reviewed, the Intensifying lash, worked very well for me. In fact, almost all of the Revlon lashes I've tried worked well for me. However, my experience with the Minx style lash wasn't as good as the previous lashes.


Here's the Minx lash from Revlon. As you can see, the set includes one pair of lashes and one tube of lash adhesive.

Here's what they look like on me. (I didn't realize that there was a ball of mascara-covered glue on my lash until I took the picture, sorry!)






As you can see, I had a little bit of trouble with them.

The style itself is very nice. It's a thick, long lash with a fun criss-cross arrangement. This particular arrangement of lashes is meant to create a dense, voluminous look.

I'm not sure if my issues are due to my lack of skill or the lashes themselves, but here's where I had problems:

The lash band is very thick, wide and stiff. Normally, I aim to glue the edge of the band to my eyelid- essentially the top of the lash strip. The band was so stiff and wide that I couldn't get the lashes to sit right. I could only get the widest part of the band glued on. The thickness and stiffness of the band also prevented the lash strip from conforming to the natural shape of my lid. Even with a lot of flexing ahead of time, the strip maintained a steep curve and I couldn't keep the inner and outer corners attached.

My other main problem is that the lashes won't curl. Since I was not able to position the lashes properly, they aimed straight out with a slightly downward slope instead of upwards like the other Revlon lashes do. I assumed that this could be fixed easily with an eyelash curler, but these lashes wouldn't curl. Maybe it's the material that they're made of, but no matter what I did, they just wouldn't budge. The best I could do was produce a strong curl in my natural lash that supported the false lashes and gave them a bit of lift.

Also, the ratio of band to lashes seems really off. Like I mentioned before, this pair of lashes has a wide, thick, stiff band, but the lashes themselves aren't quite as substantial as you would expect from that such a band. Normally, a thick band is there to support a very thick dramatic lash, usually a costume type lash, but not in this situation.

I wanted to love these lashes because I love the style of them. They seemed like they would give me the length, drama and volume I am looking for in a false lash, but I couldn't get them to work for me. I think that if I had been able to position them in a manner that would cause them to curve upwards I would have loved these lashes.

Overall, my experience with this lash wasn't very good. If any lash experts out there can offer me some tips on how to make the Minx lash work for me, I would be very grateful. But, despite my problems with this lash, all of the other Revlon lashes I have worn so far have been great. I especially loved the Intensifying, Flirty and 91001 (no name) style lashes (which I will be posting my reviews of soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...