Thursday, August 6, 2009

Konad Coraline Kit B and ATTACK OF THE BUBBLED POLISH

Okay, I'm going to warn you ahead of time: my polish looks horrible. Remember when I complained about the humidity ruining my Illamasqua? Now you get to see what I was talking about! It was hot and humid and I applied my polish near the air conditioning vent because I was so hot... and this is what happened.


But then I thought I could cover it up with Konad! Well... not quite... but I did get a few pictures out of it. And instead of removing all my polish, re-applying and waiting for it to dry after each set of Konad pictures, I removed just the Konad design. So, please, ignore the smudgy, bubbled polish.


Anyway. Konad Coraline Kit B. Here's a picture of it from Konad's website:

The kit includes four image plates (CO2, CO3, CO4, CO6), three full-size Special Polishes (Psyche Pink, Yellow, Blue Pearl) and a special purple stamp and metal scraper.


Plate CO2 with Yellow special polish. Flowers, a cat with a funny tail, boots, a squiggly heart that looks like the Smashing Pumpkins logo, Coraline saying "talk to the hand", Coraline saying, "wtf?", another flower.


Plate CO3 with Psyche Pink special polish. A Dragonball, pissed-off Coraline, a worried or surprised-looking Coraline, a dragonfly, a Scottie dog silhouette, a seated Coraline in a raincoat?, Coraline doing the 'mime stuck in a box' thing.

Plate CO4 with Blue Pearl special polish. A Key, Coraline saying, "Oh &*^*&%!!", Coraline looking to the side and holding something, Coraline looking to the left and smiling, a beach ball looking thing, a crooked bat, creepy grabby hands.


Plate CO6 with Yellow special polish. Creepy grabby hands french tip, flowers made of paperclips french tip, Button-and-crossbones french tip (Jolly Tailor?), squares french tip, leaves/hearts/Smashing Pumpkins logo french tip, swirly french tip.


All of these images transfer very nicely onto the nails- crisp lines, no missing parts of the design, good size. The special polishes in this one rock. They're opaque and interesting.

Now, I have not seen the movie Coraline, nor have I read the book, so I don't know the meaning behind any of these images. I'm assuming the animals have names, and the poses Coraline is doing are from scenes in the movie.

This is a really cool set, lots of really fun designs. My personal favorites are the dragonfly, the boots, the scottie dog and the flowers. I thought I would like the bat the best, but it doesn't look too much like a bat on the nails, just kinda... squiggly?

Set A is even cooler than this one, so stay tuned for that.

I got my kits from OC Nail Art- use code SCRANGIE for 20% off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...