Friday, September 4, 2009

China Glaze Glitters (Part 1)

Dude. You guys. Glitter. Lots of it. Seriously. I need a moment to regain composure...


*ahem*

Okay. Whew. So, China Glaze has decided to be extremely awesome and give us about FIFTY (yes, fifty, 5-0-, fifty) new glitters.

Do I need to go get the defibrillator? Are you all still with me?

50 new glitters. I mean... it's no secret that I'm a HUGE glitter addict. I can never get enough glitter. There will never be enough glitter in the universe to satisfy me. Naturally I'm extremely excited about this.

I could keep babbling but I'm sure only about a quarter of you ever read anything I say and the rest just scroll down to the pictures (*sniffle*) so... Here's six of the new shades. So far, these are the only six available from the 50 new ones (and I don't think that's counting the Sally Beauty Exclusive ones!)


Bad Kitty. Hot pink jelly with opalescent glitter. The first picture of this makes it a little too warm and washed out, but it shows how sparkly it is. The second picture is more color accurate. This is so hot. I don't even wear pink but I LOVE this. The combination of the sheer hot pink base with all that magical looking glitter suspended in it is just irresistible to me.

Carnival Lights. Soft medium mauve-pink jelly base with small silver glitter and large holographic glitter. Two kinds of glitter, woohoo! Another magical looking shade. This is a much softer and more subdued pink than Bad Kitty and this one has a pretty good mix of the two types of glitter- one doesn't overpower the other. This would also be a pretty great topcoat.


Cosmic. Black creme base with two sizes of hologram glitter. Or maybe it's half silver and half holo? Hard to tell. Maybe I should have worn some topcoat for these pictures... that looks pretty lumpy. This one looked the most appealing to me in the bottle- all of that outrageous holo glitter sticking to the sides against the black base... Be still my heart! But this one didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. I think the black base is too dense for the glitter to break through, so a lot of the glitter gets covered by the black polish and never gets a chance to sparkle. It also looks a bit lumpy- I'm sure a thick topcoat would help that.


Ginger. Metallic golden-copper shimmer base with two kinds of glitter. Some silvery or golden small glitter, some larger round hologram glitter. This isn't the color of actual ginger, but it is the color of Ginger Spice's hair. This is a color that reminds me of both summer and fall. Very cool. This one works beautifully- no lumps and all the glitter shows through.

Meteor Shower. Dark blue creme base with square multicolor glitter. I'm pretty sure these are tiny squares... maybe some round mixed in. At first I thought it was opalescent glitter, the kind that changes from pastel green to blue to gold and orange... But I think this one really is different colors of glitter. It is beyond gorgeous. It's backup worthy. And it needs topcoat.


Preppy Pink. Light candy pink base with opalescent glitter. It's been years since I graduated high school and I still have issues with that word.... But... aside from that, this is an awesome polish. It is ridiculously cute. The color is most accurate in the second picture- the pink is not as warm as the sunlight makes it look. This is the rare shade of pink that actually looks good on my skintone. Just too cute. I have the sudden urge to yell "KAWAII!!!" and give a peace sign.

The formula on these is good. A little on the thick side but that seems to work to your advantage in this situation. I was expecting these to be really sheer and not too buildable, but they're not! The light ones would make great topcoats, but they're so nice and buildable that they can be worn alone. All the polishes here are shown as three coats. The darker shades (Cosmic, Meteor Shower, Ginger) only needed two coats but I did three anyway. These would all benefit from a coat or two of topcoat. I recommend Seche Vite or Poshe with these because they're thick and shiny and will help the polish dry faster. Dry time on these is long.

I love these. It's like a dream come true.... 50 glitters..... Am I dreaming? Somebody pinch me!!
I'm glad that they're not super-sheer because I'm not big into layering. I can't wait to see the rest of the shades. This is the best thing that's happened to polish in a long time!

GLITTER!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...