Thursday, September 3, 2009

Urban Decay Nail Polish!! New Apocalyptic Nail Kit for Holiday 2009!

I am ridiculously happy to announce that Urban Decay nail polish is BACK! Today they're releasing a mini nail kit just in time for fall/winter/holidays and it's gorgeous!

I forgot to take a picture of the whole kit in the cute bag it comes in, so I'll add one when I get one.



Apocalypse. Dark blackened vampy purple creme. This polish can go two ways- if you can do a nice, even coat on the first coat, it looks really purple. With two coats (pictured here) it looks nearly black... I'd call it prune colored. It reminds me a lot of Hard Candy Vinyl:


Big Bang. Insane metallic foil bright pink. A re-release! Hooray! I'm so glad they brought back an old color, but also a little sad it wasn't something like Toxin or Bruise or Id. Anyway... this one is very, very flashy and looks great in the sunlight AND under low light, like indoors. I took the first picture in the late afternoon while the sun was setting, but the color came out a little more accurate- the bottom picture is a little too light/washed out.

I could have sworn I had the original Big Bang to post a picture of, but I can't seem to find it, so here's its Hard Candy counterpart, Scam:



Fbomb. Faded medium red creme. Haha, cute name! Love it. Fbomb is interesting- it's not a bright red like I've been seeing lately. It's soft, dusty and faded looking. Very dense and smooth looking with an antique finish.

Grunge. Blue-green shimmer. In the bottle this looks more green, but on my nails it looks blue. I think it's both. Mostly blue. Perhaps it's aqua. This has a smoky black base and the shimmer is very fine and bright colored so it creates this cool sparkly smoky blue color.

Gunmetal. Soft grey-brown shimmer. This is called Gunmetal but it's really not what I'd picture for that description! That's not to say it isn't gorgeous. It's icy and shimmery. This color also has an old photograph - faded - tattered - antique sort of look. LOVE IT.

Meltdown. Vivid deep purple shimmer. The top picture was taken at sunset so it's a little weird looking, but it really captures the special quality of this polish (and the color is more accurate). Can you see what it is? It has teeny-tiny little holographic particles! They're too small to be glitter and still too small to be microglitter, so I'm going to call it holographic microshimmer. It isn't a prominent feature of the polish if you're looking at it in low light, but in sunlight it's just so fascinating I can't stop looking at this. Very unique, ridiculously gorgeous, for me this is the stand-out shade in the collection.

White Widow. Greyed-white shimmer. Oooooh. This is spooky. This is a ghostly color! Just in time for Halloween. It's mainly white.... Or is is very, very light grey? White with touch of grey. And it has very fine white pearl shimmer. And, for a white, it's not streaky or sheer.

The formula on these is average. Nothing really stands out to me in the positive or negative categories. I didn't really have any trouble applying these, all of the colors seemed smooth and even. The texture is a little on the thick side for some shades (White Widow, Gunmetal.) The drying time is also average, I'd say. Not super fast but not slow. With quick-dry topcoat these were completely dry in 20-30 minutes.

I am ridiculously excited that Urban Decay has brought back the product that made them famous. Urban Decay always had the best, edgiest, most unique colors and then one day- poof! Discontinued. But now that they've made polish again, I have hope that all the awesome colors may be back someday, or if not, they'll create brand new shades.

Overall, I think this is a great set. I like all of the colors, I like the names, I love the bag they come in, I love everything. Thank you for making polish again, Urban Decay! This is going to make a lot of polish junkies like me VERY happy.

As far as I'm aware, these are only available as minis in this set. It's supposed to launch today on UrbanDecay.com but I don't see it on the website yet. As soon as I see it online, I'll add the link and the price. I do know that it's supposed to be an UrbanDecay.com exclusive!

EDIT: It's here!! Click here for the Apocalyptic Nail Kit on Urban Decay.com. $25 for all seven shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...