Wednesday, September 16, 2009

China Glaze Halloween Glitters plus New Matte Magic topcoat

China Glaze released not one but TWO new Halloween-themed glitters this year. How awesome is that? Halloween... glitter... black... orange... Of course, for me it was love at first sight. Have a look!


Fortune Teller. Black creme base with small round orange glitter and large hexagonal orange glitter. I *believe* this is a Sally Beauty exclusive, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, this is right up my alley. It is just utterly gorgeous and *perfect* for Halloween. The glitter really shows through the dense black base and it has a very smooth finish. It does benefit from a coat of topcoat, but I don't find that it needs more than one.

Spellbound. Large round silver glitter, small round orange glitter and large hexagonal orange glitter. This is designed to be used as a topcoat, but it's dense enough to be used on its own if you prefer. This is three coats- there are a few bald spots but I'm satisfied with the coverage at this stage. The silver glitter is the dominant feature in this polish. It's a unique silver glitter as well- very smooth and shiny, like little metal plates.

Spellbound looks nice enough by itself, but where it really shines is on top of black:

Ugh, this is just impossibly gorgeous. I can't stop looking at it. It's all I want to wear right now! This is one coat over black and one coat of topcoat. And please excuse the tipwear, this was taken after two days of wear.


But China Glaze didn't just give us these awesome unique glitters for Halloween, they gave us another way to wear them. Matte Magic Matte Topcoat.

Matte Magic over Fortune Teller. I can hardly believe how cool this looks. It reminds me right away of a volcanic eruption or large fire. To me it looks like hot embers floating upward through thick black smoke. Or it reminds me of rivers of magma coming up through the ground, streams of lava flowing down the hillside and cooling- turning to black on the surface with hints of molten earth showing through.

Matte Magic over Spellbound over black. This one is just fun and awesome. It looks like a party. Halloween confetti. Candy in colorful metallic wrappers. I am completely in love with this look, it's ridiculous. I think these glitters were great before, but they're even BETTER as mattes. Matte glitter is mesmerizing. Can't get enough.

Matte Magic is also really nice. It gives a very matte finish, comparable to Essie's Matte About You Matte Finisher. And I know this is a very shallow reason, but I kinda like Matte Magic better because of the bottle. This bottle is adorable. I love the font, it reminds me of Bewitched. China Glaze did a really great job.

I know that Spellbound is sold in a set which includes Liquid Leather, White Out and Ghoulish Glow Glow In The Dark topcoat, but I already had all of those so I just bought the Spellbound by itself. The set is *really* cute though, it has a green background and a little witch... so adorable. I might go back and get it for the packaging alone!

Oh man... I freakin' love glitter.

These are available now, but Fortune Teller may only be available at Sally Beauty Supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...