Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Topcoat Fail






For the past few months I've been trying out a whole bunch of different topcoats and basecoats and I think I've found a few new loves (but that's for another post!) but I've also found a few losers.

I took these pictures a couple months ago to document the wear of two of the new topcoats I was trying and it's a good example of how the quality of your treatment products can affect the wear of your polish:

Here's Redi topcoat on day two over a manicure of China Glaze... something, I forget actually... with a coat of the Goldie blue jelly glitter on top. A little tipwear but no chips. Note the nail art. It was not really intentional, I had to cover up a chip on the right hand because I was too lazy to re-do my manicure (but hey, I shouldn't have to re-do on day one anyway!) and I did the left hand to sorta match.



Here's Diamond Dry topcoat on day two over the same polish. The polish on the entire corner of the ring finger nail chipped off hours after applying. But, the Redi topcoat didn't chip at all. How insane is that?

Ironically, it was the Diamond Dry topcoat I was most excited about trying and it turned out to be the worst one. Ugh.

Now the Redi topcoat... I love it. A lot. I think it's going to be my new Seche Vite. I'll save that review for later, I just wanted to show these funny pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...