Friday, July 30, 2010

Yesterday's blue eye of the day - Sleepy Hollow and gold




Tried a blue look yesterday. I have to admit, I did enjoy it. I don't know what my thing with blue is... Maybe I just never think to use it when I'm surrounded by green and purple?

This had a rich antique feel to it. Sorta reminded me of Van Gogh's Starry Night.


This was:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
HIP Gilded duo- the gold shade only, on lid
Fyrinnae Sleepy Hollow, applied wet with DuWop Payoff in crease and on lower lashline
Fyrinnae Envy Me to highlight
Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Honey
A tiny bit of Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Baked over Honey
Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero
Cover Girl Lash Blast


I really tried my best to capture the pretty gold sparkle in Sleepy Hollow.... you might need to enlarge the pictures to see it. I took a blurry one to see if it showed up better, and you can see the sparkle a little bit here:

See them? Deep teal-blue with gold microglitter? It's a pretty gorgeous color.

It did make me panic a little, though! I've learned that if I want to use Fyrinnae glittery colors in the crease that I need to apply them wet, but I'm never very precise when I apply my crease shade. I always clean up the placement and shape with my blending brush afterwards... So this time I applied it wet and when I went to blend, it wouldn't blend! The blue pigment is so strong that it was on like cement. I freaked out and grabbed a bunch of wet Q-tips to try and fix it... luckily it turned out okay! Otherwise I'd have been rocking the Mimi Bobeck blue-to-the-brows look O_o

I like blue and gold together. It has a totally different feel than the usual blue and green that I seem to gravitate toward.

I'm digging' Sleepy Hollow a lot... need to think of more ideas to use it. Bet it would make a great liner. Love the gold sparkles. I'm starting to get better at using Fyrinnae, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...