Thursday, October 1, 2009

China Glaze Loves You Snow Much Holiday 2009

Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas? Cause I'm feeling pretty Christmassy right now. I know it's not even Halloween yet, but the trees and lights and light-up giant snowmen are already out in the stores and it's making me antsy. Now... where did I put my reindeer sweater?

5 Golden Rings. This is China Glaze's holiday newcomer. It's a light, delicate, airy-looking gold... A combination of superfine light neutral gold microglitter and slightly larger, darker, warmer-toned regular gold glitter. The effect is really magical. In fact, this whole collection looks magical.


Emerald Sparkle. Hmm... have I ever declared this the Best Polish Ever? That's sort of how I feel about it right now. I haven't worn it for a few months and sort of forgot about it... But now that I have it on my nails I can't stop fawning over it. Anyway, this is the 2009 edition and I'm happy to say that it's the "good" version. Sparkling rich emerald green glitter packed into a deep green jelly base. I know there was a while when there were two versions floating around, I have both... This is the one you want.

Ruby Pumps. You know, I have never been able to get a good picture of Ruby Pumps. I'm trying again and I think it came out pretty good this time. A little blurry, but somehow blurriness helps bring out the sparkle in the glitter. Ruby Pumps is a golden-red glitter in a cool red base. If you don't have this, you need it. It is mesmerizing and you won't be able to stop looking at it. Sure... there are a LOT of red glitters out there, but to me this is the original.

Tinsel. Fine sparkly shiny pure silver glitter in a clear base. So simple, yet so beautiful. This is snowy and icy, light and delicate. This goes well with the new 5 Golden Rings- really fine, delicate glitters. Not big chunky glitter. This was the new holiday polish last year, it came out with the Sleigh Ride set. Man... my pictures of that set were SO bad I'm going to pretend like I didn't even take any... But the 2009 version of Tinsel seems identical.

The formula on these is great. More thin and smooth than I remember their previous incarnations being. All pictures are three coats. Only Tinsel and 5 Golden Rings really needed the third coat, but I just really like doing three. I had no application trouble, the formula was very even and the brushes were without defect. These new versions also seem to dry faster than the old ones. I don't know if China Glaze is tweaking their formula or what, but I like it. Also worth noting: these are very smooth glitters. Not gritty or lumpy. I'd almost say you don't need topcoat, but adding topcoat just takes the sparkliness of these over the top. Either way, you won't feel like sandpaper nails while wearing these.

Ah... glitter. Seasonal glitter. GREEN seasonal glitter. I know that these aren't all new but I still majorly enjoy them. It makes me even happier knowing that this fall and winter season is going to be PACKED with glitter. Not just from China Glaze, either! I need more glitter... Why no, I haven't had enough... BRING IT ON!!!!!! BRING ON THE GLITTERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...