Friday, October 2, 2009

Sally Hansen HD Opulent Cloud

I need something non-glitter to break up all the glitter posts... Everything I've planned on posting is glitter... Awesome, yet monotonous. I wanted to post (among many, many other things) the new Jessica Burlesque collection or the Illamasqua Dystopia collection, but I haven't finished editing the pictures... Then I remembered I haven't posted this new Sally Hansen color!

Opulent Cloud. This is the fabled Opulent Cloud. I passed on it the first time I saw it on the display. I changed my mind and went back the next day for it and it was gone. I found it again a couple days later. So... Opulent Cloud. How do I describe this? It's a blue-grey base with golden shimmer. It has a slight duochrome effect. I was expecting more of the old Sally Hansen kind of duochrome, but this one is more subtle. It's a little frosty. To tell you the truth, I'm really not wild about it. I don't hate it, it's just.... meh. I could go either way on it. It's kinda cool, but I think the raves about it lead to heightened expectations so when I finally saw it, it wasn't as good in real life as it was in my head.

I think I feel the same way about the whole HD line. I thought I loved the colors, wow, blue, green, yellow, purple! But then when I was standing in front of the display I just didn't see anything about them that stood out to me. Yeah, they were nice colors, but not as special as I had pictured them in my mind.

I really have a love/hate relationship with Sally Hansen. Almost all of my most sought-after and coveted wishlist polishes are old Sally Hansen. I adore old Sally Hansen. Prisms, Magical Nail Makeup, glitters, Fire Opals, unique colors.... I can't get enough. And the funny thing is I really don't like the formula or the excessively long necks on the bottles, but I put up with it because the colors are just so fantastic. But new Sally Hansen... New Sally Hansen makes these cool colors, waves them in your face and then makes them IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!!! Like those Tracy Reese Salon polishes. It's like hunting Jackalope. Or, what was it... Emerald Ring? And the other gem-themed ones? If I hadn't actually seen pictures of people wearing them, I'd think they never actually existed. I didn't see last Fall's collection until this Spring. Seriously, what is UP with that?

I feel like swatching my whole ancient Sally Hansen collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...