Friday, October 16, 2009

Nubar Chocolate Truffles Collection Fall/Winter 2009

Here's a little preview of Nubar's upcoming Chocolate Truffles collection! This is due to be released soon... I seem to have misplaced my press release so I don't know the date. Sorry, guys!

There hasn't been any sunlight here, so I had to take these inside... I apologize in advance if they're a little blurry or glare-y. From the top!


Cherry Cordial. A warm red/brown/gold/pink subtle duochrome shimmer. You can see some of the greenish-gold duochrome up near my cuticle. It's not one of Nubar's signature Super Duochromes, more of a subtle effect, a reflection.


Chocolate Caramel. Warm milk chocolate brown base with strong green-gold shimmer. I think this is my favorite of the collection! Well.. no... I'm having a hard time picking *one* favorite, but this is definitely top three. The shimmer is crazy! It's so bold. Electric chocolate. It's so fall!

Chocolate Coffee Bean. Dark chocolate brown with duochrome red/pink/golden shimmer. another very subtle duochrome. The shimmer shifts colors with the angle of your hand. The shimmer in this is also on the large side- almost like glass fleck but colored.


Milk Chocolate Creme. Warm milk chocolate brown creme. Haha, this really does look like milk chocolate! Or melted milk chocolate. I don't think it works as well on my skintone as I hoped, but I'm still going to wear it... Cause... It looks like chocolate!!

Raspberry Truffle. Dark chocolate brown with cool-toned red shimmer. This is another one that's tied for my favorite... It's the darkest color in the collection, vampy even. The shimmer in it is what makes it special- it looks like little glowing embers. The base is so dark and the shimmer is so large and bright, it just looks mesmerizing. Maybe you should view this one full size to get the full effect.


Swiss Chocolate. Soft deep brown creme with purple tones. Maybe this one is my favorite... I don't know... I can't decide. Either way, this one is beautiful. It's not just straight brown, it seems to have a plum or purple tone to it. It's a little cooler than the other shades in the collection so it works on my skintone better. This one also strikes me as looking 'elegant'. It's an elegant brown.


The formula was great. I didn't have any problems at all. The cremes didn't apply the same as the shimmers, but they weren't troublesome. These are very opaque- two-coaters.. I did three coats just because I wanted to see what they looked like with three.. and they looked just like they did at two coats. Drying time is average, not as fast as say, OPI, but not long either. An interesting note- these all dry shiny without topcoat. I'm not wearing any base or topcoat in these pictures.


Overall, I really like this collection. How could I not? It screams FALL!!!! I think my ears are ringing. And if the autumn look of this collection didn't get me, the word 'chocolate' on all the colors would. I am such a sucker. You know what would have been even better? They should have made these chocolate scented. I would die. That would be so cool. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...