Monday, October 19, 2009

Milani Halloween Collection 2009

I want to say this collection is called "Black Magic", but I honestly can't remember what the display said. Maybe it was Dark Magic? I should have taken a picture!

Anyway, these are all a black creme base with different colors of glitter, and they are awesome. Unfortunately, my pictures of these are not so good and don't capture the true essence of these polishes. They can give you a general idea of what to expect, though!

Charmed. Black with silver glitter. This is possibly my favorite black/silver combo. This is the one that changed my mind about how much I like silver on black glitters- this silver is SO SHINY. It makes the black look even blacker. It's like a sky full of stars. Perfection.

Enchantment. Black with blue-purple glitter. Blue purple... also known as "blurple"... This looks a little less blue and more purple in real life.


Fairytale. Black with blue glitter. Holy cannoli. This one is freakin' amazing. The blue glitter is so bright, it looks so fantastic against the deep black base.

Magical. Black with orange glitter. A black orange combo! I love it! If you don't like the hexagonal glitter in China Glaze Fortune Teller, this is a great alternative. I adore this.


Spellbinding. Black with red glitter. Similar to another Milani (I can't recall the name) and along the same lines as Piggy Polish Midnight Fireflies / China Glaze Lubu Heels / Rescue Beauty Lounge Black Russian. The red glitter in this one is brighter and more obvious, though.


Whimsical. Black with purple glitter. I think this is my favorite, I can't decide. The purple color of the glitter is so rich, it almost looks like purple polish combined with the black. Like a deep purple shimmer. This is the one I've used the most so far... I just can't stop staring at my nails when I wear this!


The formula on these is decent. It's a little on the thin/watery side and I did need three coats of each, but it went on well and dried quickly all the same. These glitters are very smooth, not rough at all. They do look best with topcoat, it helps bring out the sparkle a little more. Also worth noting, these were very easy to remove compared to other glitter polishes- about the same as regular polish!

I just can't get over how much I love these. I know you're probably thinking, why not just put a glitter topcoat over black? Cause that's what I thought until I wore them. There's so much more depth and interest when the glitter is mixed in. Sometimes the glitter sits just below the surface and you can see it shining through, like it's under water... The glitter is a lot more even when it's mixed in as well. And these glitters are perfect in this black base. They're super shiny and sparkly and they show through beautifully, unlike some others which don't break through the base polish and look lumpy.

My only complaint is that they were kinda pricey... When did drugstore polish start to cost as much as salon?! That's a bummer. I got mine at Meijer, but I've also seen these at CVS.

So much glitter... so much kickass polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...