Saturday, November 7, 2009

Chanel Dupe and Vacation

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I'm taking a much needed vacation and most likely won't be around to blog, answer email or check Twitter. I won't be gone long- probably about a week- but I didn't want you to see me stop posting and emailing and think I got abducted by aliens or something.

I'll probably schedule some random picture spam to go up while I'm not around just so it's not so lonely here.

And before I leave, I wanted to put up another picture I've been wanting to post for months!


Index: Chanel Kaleidoscope
Middle: BB Couture For Nails Blind Love
Ring: Chanel Gold Fiction
Pinkie: Sephora by OPI Charge It!

As you can see, Charge It! and Gold Fiction are not as similar as I had hoped- the texture/finish and application were very similar but the shades are pretty far off.

However, Kaleidoscope and Blind Love are near-exact duplicates. There is very little difference between these two polishes. I even did a wear test- alternating the shades on each finger and wearing it for a day- and I couldn't tell the difference. The subtle differences between them are that Kaleidoscope is ever so slightly more sparkly and Blind Love has just a touch more of a yellowy-green tint. Not enough for me to even notice when wearing them both at the same time.

Kaleidoscope is long gone, but as far as I'm aware, Blind Love is sticking around for a long time. And about one quarter the price.... Wears better, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...