Tuesday, November 17, 2009

OPI Holiday 2009 Ulta Exclusives

OPI's holiday Ulta exclusives did not disappoint me this year... In fact... I think these are the best so far!


Dazzled By Gold. Super-sparkly gold glitter. This is a mixture of yellowy-gold, medium gold and champagne metallic fine glitter flakes. Not traditional round glitter particles. Little broken metal flecks. It's very opaque so it can be worn alone easily. In fact, the glitter is so dense it even has a foil-finish effect at three coats like pictured here. I think it's too dense to make a good topcoat, though. It looks a little warmer in real life than my picture shows. It is incredibly sparkly. Might be my new favorite gold glitter!

Dreaming of Red. Glowy metallic red. This is a really gorgeous red. It's rich and deep and glowing. It kinda has that velvety 'dark around the edges' look. It's a shimmer finish, bordering on frost, but it has kind of a metallic effect. The one word that keeps coming to mind is "glowy" and it really is super glowy. Reminds me a little of that one OPI Valentine's Day red that was so glowy it looked radioactive. Can't think of the name. May have been Red Like Roses? This would also make a really great Valentine's day color, by the way.


Visions of Sugarplum. Shimmery blackened purple with iridescent flecks. Since I couldn't hold my hands still enough to get a clear picture, how about two kinda crappy pictures instead? This first one shows the depth and darkness of the color. The second one shows the base color and all the sparkly iridescent pearls. This polish is insane. I love it. It sparkles like crazy and it's purple, with little glints of other colors flashing at you. This seems really similar to the new Finger Paints Icy Iris, but I haven't done a side by side comparison to be sure.

The formula was perfect. Zero problems. Smooth, even, very fast drying. Nothing really worth noting. I did do three coats of each color, but they really only needed two. They're very opaque and pigmented.

Overall, I'm completely crazy in love with these. Even the red. OPI didn't wuss out and do plain red creme! I'm so proud of them!! I love the purple sparkles, I love the gold insane glitter and I love the glowy electric red. The only way I could have been happier is if they did a Christmas tree green- either glitter, creme or shimmer.... But you knew I was going to say that, didn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...