Monday, November 16, 2009

Finger Paints Winter/Holiday Collection 2009

I don't think I've posted much about Finger Paints before... That's not because I don't like it! I do like Finger Paints, a lot. Especially this newest collection released for the Holiday season. It's just that you can only get them at Sally Beauty... and I have to really be in the mood to be frustrated to go there. *ahem* I won't turn this into a rant about how I'm treated when I visit Sally, so on to the pics!


I wish I was able to get better pictures of these, but the sun seems to be hibernating.

Candy Cane Shimmer. A light pink-toned red with tons of shimmer. I am not usually a red person, but I had to have this. Look at the shimmer. The shimmer! It's big, chunky iridescent shimmer. Kind of like glass fleck.

Decked With Dazzle. Light mauve-pink with big multicolored shimmer particles. This amazing shimmer even made me want pink. There's gold, silvery-white, pink, violet, iridescent... All kinds of different flecks of shimmer combined to make a soft sparkly sugar plum pink.


Evergreen Dream. This is such a ridiculously perfect color. I can't believe how awesome this is. The second picture was taken with flash to show the base color and the shimmer particles. It has enough yellow to it to make me happy and so much shimmer that it sparkles even indoors. There might be a little glitter mixed in, but it's mostly really dense large particle shimmer. Great job, Finger Paints!! A total masterpiece.

Icy Iris. I really wish my pictures of this turned out. I just couldn't hold my hands still! This is a rich, dark, deep purple with different colors of shimmer. Eggplant and amethyst. Some of the shimmer is more red-toned purple and some is more blue-toned. The base is very dark and the shimmer looks positively electric when the light catches it. This doesn't look black indoors to me. It has too much amazing color-shifting shimmer to look too dark or flat. Again, amazing, a total work of art!

Snowman's Scarf. This is a terrible picture. It doesn't really show what the polish looks like, so I'll do my best to describe it. It's the same shade of bright medium red, but it has a lot of really fine bright gold shimmer. It's not the large glass-flecky iridescent shimmer that's in the other polishes. This shimmer is like fine gold dust, very very smooth but very bright and reflective. Red and gold look really good together.


Sparkling Snow. A light snowy silver made of different colored flecks of shimmer. Some of the shimmer in this is white, some is silver, a little bit even looks iridescent. This is a lot more delicate and icy than Easel Come, Easel Go. It's light and soft looking. I'd even call it a feminine silver. Very sparkly.


The formula on these was good. I didn't really have a problem with them. They were a little three-freeish -thick but runny- but not severe. The brushes are good but the tapered handle is slightly awkward feeling in my hand. All minor issues. These are pretty solid polishes- good colors, good formula, good bottles and brushes. I did three coats of each color. Only Decked With Dazzle and and Sparkling Snow really needed the third coat, you could really get away with two on the rest of the shades. Drying time was average.

Overall, I am really in love with this collection. The colors are perfect! Lots and lots of iridescent shimmer. Purple, green! Even the reds are great. This is a lot better than the past few collections I've seen Finger Paints do. I think last year's winter/holiday collection was kind of like this too, with all the glass fleck-esque shimmer and fun colors, but my Sally never got them! Boo!

Can't wait to see what they do next, but I don't think anything can top Evergreen Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...