Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ulta Professional Green With Envy

Ulta Professional Green With Envy

This is so gorgeous, I don't even know what to say about it. It's too nice. It's too perfect.

It's a very dark blackened yellow-toned green shimmer. As much as I love green, I'm really very disappointed with all of these strongly blue-toned greens that have come out recently. I feel like they lack a certain richness... Like they're watered down green. This particular polish does have a slight blue undercurrent, but it's yellow enough to make me happy.

The first green polish I ever owned was a little like this. Super dark, a little yellow toned. I still have it, even though it's half empty and I'm too scared to use it for fear of somehow ruining it or finishing it. Maybe that's where my love of blackened yellow-toned greens comes from. And then when Zulu came along? Heaven. Bonus points to anyone who knows what that first dark green polish is... Scrangie trivia! Hahahahaha!

Anyway... Ulta Green with Envy. I do have two complaints about it. First, the name. Green With Envy? Are you kidding me?! You couldn't come up with anything better than that? That's one of my peeves. Every green polish being named Green With Envy or Envy or something related to that phrase, and every red polish with glitter being named Ruby Slippers or some variation. Creativity... [Do you need it?] [You can have this.]

My second complaint is the formula. It was kind of sheer and maybe a little watery. I needed to use three coats. I hate it when companies slap the word 'professional' on polish. Like Sinful... yeah... no. Professional my ass. Okay, back to the Ulta polish. The brush was a little strange shaped and the vanity cap was hard to remove as well. So this polish isn't entirely perfect, but the color is definitely worth any trouble I may encounter in the formula or brush.

I hope Ulta keeps making cool polishes like this. There were some other cool looking blackened colors on the display, but they looked *too* black so I didn't grab 'em. The only other Ulta polishes I own are glitters, which I also love, but they were limited edition Christmas type things. Maybe I'll post those one day!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...