Monday, May 17, 2010

First try with BundleMonster





I just found out about this BundleMonster thing what... last week? But I wish I'd learned of it sooner!

For the people who have no idea wtf I'm talking about, BundleMonster is a company that sells various things and among them are these marvelous Konad-style image plates. Basically they're off brand Konad plates with more interesting designs.

The first design I tried was the stars and I forget which plate number that is, but I think you can only order all the plates at once now so the star will be in there somewhere.

First, with Konad Black special polish over BB Couture Coal Miner. I like this very much.


Then with China Glaze Millennium over Coal Miner. Pretty, but after wearing these around for a day, I think I prefer the black-over-grey. That and my chrome designs sometimes come out funny cause I work too slowly.

A strange thing I noticed with this particular design is that it seems... too deep? After I scrape the plate and pick up the image, there's always a lot of polish left in the large star.

The plates seemed pretty similar to real Konad plates with a few obvious differences. First, these BundleMonster ones are SHARP!! They have no paper backing like Konad and they feel really thin. They require you to remove the protective plastic film on the face of the plate before use and I nearly sliced every finger open trying to complete that task.

Second, the full nail designs aren't as big as Konad's designs so if you have larger nails, you'll have to stamp twice or something because they're short and narrow.

I'll try out some more designs next time I'm inspired to do so, but my first impression of these was definitely a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...