Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Playing with MAC Old Gold Pigment



I've been obsessed with Old Gold lately. I've been wearing it for nearly a week straight, I only broke my streak on Sunday when I wore that BE Foiled Eye kit again.

I've been doing a variation on the same look, trying to get the most duochrome/iridescent effect as possible out of my shadows. I only got two looks to sort of turn out in pictures. I think I'm pretty good at taking pictures of my own hands now, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of eyeball pictures yet. I guess I need more practice. I can't seem to get the lighting right to catch the colors.

Anyway, I liked this one:

Natural light.



Flash and blurry, the shimmer and sparkle really shows up this way! So weird, the blurrier the picture, the better the glitter looks!

This one was:

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Fyrinnae Sake and Sashimi wet on outer half of lid
MAC Old Gold on inner half of lid
Too Faced Galaxy Glam shadow in Moon Beam in the crease and lower lashline
Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Lucky
Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero to tightline
Laura Geller Wonder Want highlight

This makes me think 'dryad'.
I love how it shifted from brown to different shades of green when I turned my head or blinked. All the shadows had some level of iridescence but it still seemed kinda dark to me. I needed to lighten it a little without losing any duochrome so I tried slightly different colors:

This one was:

MAC Painterly
MAC Old Gold all over lid
Too Faced Moon Beam in crease, lower lashline and mixed with Old Gold on outer edge of lid
MAC Golden Lemon on inner corner
Urban Decay Lucky liner with Fyrinnae Ink in Lovers Quarrel layered over it
Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero
Laura Geller Wonder Wand

Slightly different overall look. Not quite as dark, which I liked, but it didn't seem as duochromey. I tried one with Blue Brown and Old Gold and I didn't care for it. Must experiment more...


EDIT: D'oh! Forgot to say! Any recommendations for duochrome/iridescent shadows? I have quite a few but I am so crazy about them that I think I need all of them... ever. Every duochrome shadow in the universe. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...