Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Loose Ends and fun stuff.




After I swatched those new Sally Hansens that seemed very familiar, I had to go looking for what they reminded me of and I thought that I had posted the Sephora by OPIs already but I guess I hadn't! I never ended up getting all of them, but I did get these two:

Just A Fairy-Tail.

and

Mermaid To Order.

And yes, now that I'm seeing them again and not basing it only on memory, they totally are matches to the new Sally Hansens. Thank you to Krisprimps for refreshing my memory as well!

This is OPI Pink Me I'm Good from Valentine's day at Ulta. Not the best picture of it because it only shows the gold side of the glitter. It does a little green duochrome too, but it's subtle. One of the very few pinks I like to wear.

OPI Bling Dynasty from the Hong Kong collection. I didn't have a bottle of this at the time I did my post and I was going to go back and post this picture with the review, but it took me longer than I hoped it would take to get an acceptable picture of this.

That was a bit of a drag, now I want to post something fun.


This is an awesome Bourjois polish that my buddy Helen gave me. I don't think it has a name.... I've looked all over the bottle and I'm pretty sure there isn't a name. It's hard to capture in a picture, but it's a dark smoky teal/green with tons of shimmer and a purple-dark mauve duochrome. It's really freakin' sweet. It reminds me of black bird feathers, how they look black in one light and then they're iridescent in another? It has a really odd brush, a lot like the new Sally Hansen brushes- big and wide and flat! I actually really like that style of brush because it covers my whole nail in one stroke. I'm so in love with this polish. Thank you Helen :)

I got this Cargo Wet/Dry eyelining palette on clearance at Sephora a little while ago and I love it! I was very shocked by the size of it- it's as small as a credit card!- but apparently it doesn't need to be any bigger cause I've used it a ton and haven't even put a dent in it yet. I've only used the black, sparkly black and sparkly grey ones so far, but I think they're really nice. I use a drop of MAC water based mixing medium and a very short bristled stiff angled brush and the line comes out perfect. I used to use a cake eyeliner years and years ago and this reminds me of the one I used to use. I haven't tried them as eyeshadows. I don't know how well that light purple (yeah... two of those are purple, blame my camera!) would work as a liner though.... I haven't done a look yet that needed a light purple eyeliner so it remains untried.


Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Malachite Pearl. I don't think I even need to say anything about this. I think words would ruin it. Shhhh. Just gaze upon the beauty and let it speak to you.

Revlon Street Wear Burnt. This is the grey-green version. This is one of those Streetwears that has multiple versions all under the same name. I don't know why companies don't just use different names. I was at Sally last week getting some new Finger Paints and noticed that China Glaze Flying Dragon is a totally different color than it was when I first bought mine... Bizarre.... why not just name it... uh... Walking Dragon? Swimming Dragon. Cause it's not the same color anymore. Oh well. I love this polish. Why did Revlon ever stop making these?! Now their polish line is super boring. I wish they'd bring these back, or at least re-create some of the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...