Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New-ish Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wears




I'm on a Sally Hansen kick lately. Still hunting for old glitters... but some of the new stuff hasn't been bad! I really like the new brush. I've seen a lot of people say they hate it, but it seriously works for me. I love wide brushes. I used to hate them, too! Now I need them.

Going Green. Sweeeeeeeeeet! A really unique green! From the drugstore! Easily obtained and usually on sale! This is a lighter shade of green but luckily it's not mint (which I like to look at but it looks horrible on me, lobster hands, you know.). I'd call it grass green perhaps, medium, with soft subtle silvery shimmer. The only downside is it stains like a mofo. Seriously. I had green nails for a week. Totally worth it though.



In The Spotlight over Wet Cement. In The Spotlight is a hologram stringy/bar glitter topcoat. Not much on its own, but looks great over this grey. I'm one of the rare people who actually loves stringy glitter... It looks like a party on your nails! They're not common, which is sad. I guess I could always make my own, but... yeah. This one is not really super unique and it can be a little tricky to get the placement right but I still love it.

Pacific Blue. I am sad. I can not get this color to come out right in pictures. It always turns into this bright neon looking blue. It's not neon blue. It's a soft blue creme, perhaps cornflower blue? A little muted, very unique. Totally gorgeous. And I just noticed that it looks like there are runes carved into the side of my bottle... Huh?! I didn't notice that before.


Purple Pizazz. It was hard for me to pick a favorite from these, but this has to be it. It was love at first sight. It's a jelly purple with large flecks of iridescent gold-red shimmer. It's like Claire's Magic or Milani Totally Cool but the shimmer is bigger. The purple shade is so vibrant and in-your-face that it just makes me want to wear nothing but this polish for weeks on end. I love looking down at my nails and seeing exactly the color I've been wanting from a purple polish! It is sheer though, this is three coats. It looks okay with two coats but I always like my polish on the more opaque side.

Wet Cement. Nice alone too! Very flattering not too blue light grey creme. Not too much to say about it other than I really like it.


I hope Sally Hansen keeps doing stuff like this, but I also hope they don't keep raising their already ridiculous prices. At least this line is inexpensive. Those Complete Salon whatever ones are almost $8! For drugstore polish! Are they trying to become a salon brand or just convince people that what's in the $8 Sally Hansen bottle is somehow higher quality than what's in the $4 Sally Hansen bottle? I don't get it.

So... on a different note... I have a question for you guys. Are there any new polish collections that you're dying to see swatches of? Lately I'd rather post more random stuff than new collections all the time, but I have lots of the new spring/summer stuff swatched already. Like... four or five BB Couture collections, two Jessica collections, the Nubar reds, Color Club neons, Nicole, OPI Shrek and Soft Shades, Milani neons, Eyeko, Orly, Diamond... I feel like I need to just marathon post all the new collections to get them out of the way so I can go back to posting whatever random thing inspires me at the moment. Let me know what you would rather see first / what's most interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...